MBR magazine meets KnobbliesIt was great to show the ladies our little bit of paradise this summer, come on down and we’ll show you too. read more here
Knobblies web offers August 2014 – more offers soon!
New 650B Giant Trance Advanced Review – “On a level that we’ve never seen from Giant“.
A small selection of new products we like, that we think you might too!
MARZOCCHI 44 MICRO SWITCH TA £649.99
hard Nickel coated low friction stanchions, 140/110mm travel, 3 YEAR warranty!! & as always buy here for a free fit.
Marzocchi 44 Micro Switch TA Forks – 15mm 2014
If you love the big wheels and want to go bigger, you will love the 44! Available for 29” wheel size, this masterpiece is the choice for anyone who wants more from every ride. The full travel mode, up to 140 mm, offers the performance you need during your descent and can be reduced to 110 with the Switch TA lever in order to change your riding position on the bike when you climb. Lightweight nickel coated 32 mm aluminium stanchion tubes are the best choice for super smooth damping and the TST Micro cartridge controls rebound and compression from full open to lock out mode. The 44 offers the best package ever made for a 29” bike to make you climb faster and descend like no other before.
- Travel : 140mm – 110mm
- Damping: TST Micro: Lock Out + Micro Adjust Compression – Rebound, Switch TA
- Spring: AER, Air + Negative Spring – Travel Adjust
- Axle: 15mm QR
- Stanchions: Ø32MM Aluminium, Nickel Treatment
- Steerer: Tapered Aluminium
- Brake System:- 6″ Post Mount, max disc 203mm
- Fork Length: 110-140
- Steering Tube: 547mm
- Wheel Offset: 44mm
- Weight: 2005g
- Matching Crown: In selected models Marzocchi offer the option of matching the colours of the lower legs and crown.
- Switch TA: Marzocchi’s hydraulic travel adjust system is available on 55 and 44 mountain bike fork models. The optional travel change of 40mm (on the 55 series) or 30mm (on the 44 series), maximises the comfort level on any terrain with a travel adjust system that does not affect the damping system. The basic idea behind the system has been around for a while: In 2001, Marzocchi first developed ECC (Extension Climb Control) which they later updated with the widely successful (Extension Travel Adjust). With their systems they can boast to have been the first to offer climbing specific travel reduction systems that reduce axle to crown length making steep climbs much easier and more comfortable. Since 2012, they have closed our proven AER system into a cartridge and have added in the upper part and introduced a hydraulic travel adjust system. The fork is optimised to smoothly adapt to any terrain without any effort from the rider .This idea has been perfected in the Switch TA. With one simple switch of a knob, you can fundamentally change the parameters of your mountain biking experience by exactly the change you expect precise to the millimetre. Switch TA uniquely differs from other travel adjust systems because the mountain bike fork automatically re-extends without pulling back up on the bars. It’s easy and simple while still allowing for buttery smooth travel in both the reduced or extended settings, right from the beginning of the travel. Years in the making, tested, tough and reliable, Switch TA lets you switch easily between travel options.
- Nickel Coating: Hard anodized, low friction race coating with Teflon impregnation increases small bump sensitivity and overall durability of all sliding parts (stanchion surface, seals, bushings).
- TST Micro: To ensure a forks ideal performance, it is key to keep oil and air completely separate. Marzocchi were the first to introduce a bladder system on a mountain bike cartridge; a design taken from motocross technology. The bladder can inflate to expand when the shaft goes inside without any air getting in. Slightly redesigned to reach perfection, the TST Micro is the latest step in a forward evolution of Marzocchi’s closed cartridge hydraulic system. The red knob on the lower part of the fork leg adjusts rebound; the black top lever activates the Micro system controlling compression. The Micro adjustment located in the middle of the top left knob sets the threshold valve in order to offer maximum traction and control on any terrain and combining it with any riding style. Lockout is activated quick and easy to not hold you back from your uphill adventure.
MADISON Stellar Jacket
great construction and so many great features for just £89.99 also in red and hi-vis
- New and improved, the Stellar jacket resets the standard for commuter jackets
- The 2.5 layer construction is fully taped and waterproof, windproof and highly breathable
- The tailored cycle specific fit is both comfortable and functional
- The Stellar features an extended drop tail to offer maximum coverage against dirt and spray, that tucks up and stays hidden with magnets when you are off the bike for a more casual look
- The improved Stellar has no mesh lining making it lighter and less bulky when it is stowed
- The long articulated arms offer an excellent fit and the extended cuffs give maximum coverage from the elements
- The subtle grey reflective panels and print offer just as much night-time visibility as traditional silver, but with a much cleaner look
- A large zippered rear pocket is roomy enough to store all of your valuables whilst in the saddle and a chest pocket for quick access items
- A custom rear LED light-clip allows you to fix your favourite rear light for maximum night-time visibility
- Adjustable waist draw cord
- soft fleecy neck fabric
- Pit zips and rear venting
- Ripstop fabric also gives this jacket huge potential for the mountain biker as well as a road and commute garment
CATEYE VOLT 1200 LUMEN £150
Compare beams on all major lights on the market – this light is amazing! read more to see the web link.
The link below might just help you believe us that it really is a powerful light! Lots of impartial info on this ‘Road CC’ website.
Class winning performance at an amazing price! Volt 1200 pumps out a regulated 1200 lumens… regulated means no fade! Using Cateye’s photometrics and advanced lens technology means that every bit of light output is optimised, putting the light right where you need it. On or off road, race training or commuting this light delivers fantastic output!
• High power front light with actual regulated 1200 lumen output
• Superb beam pattern using Cateye’s amazing Opticube technology
• Self contained Li-ion rechargeable battery
• Simple and safe battery replacement
• Great side visibility
• 5 modes: High / Medium / Low / Flash / Hyper Constant
• Runtime: H: 2hrs / M: 5hrs / L: 17.5hrs / F: 10hrs / HC: 14.5hrs
• Recharge: 1a (USB 3.0) = 8hrs, 0.5A (USB 2.0) = 14hrs
Schwalbe Marathon £25
Hard to beat for puncture protection & durability – and almost every wheel size is catered for!
This tyres features:
GreenGuard. The highly elastic, India rubber layer is 3mm thick. Other manufacturers such a tyre “Plus”. However, Green is not just the colour, but also the philosophy: One third of the GreenGuard is made up of recycled latex products.
“Anti-Ageing”. The completely new sidewall construction can withstand for much longer the typical cracking resulting from overloading due to insufficient inflation pressure. Also the new Endurance Compound substantially increases durability.
E-Bike Ready. The new Marathon has been designed for use on all types of E-Bikes. The following sizes bear the ECE75 mark, suitable for the use on faster, up to 50kph E-Bikes.
About City Tyres
These tyres are designed to meet the rigours of city/trail riding and will fit Hybrid styled bikes, they are wider than a road race tyre to offer a larger contact area with the road and will provide more comfort. Wider tyres are less prone to punctures and will provide more grip. Within this range we offer semi slick or knobbly tyres, the semi slick tyres will be ideal for road use and the knobbly style will provide more grip for light trail use or loose surfaces such as gravel.
About the Schwalbe brand
For over 70 years Schwalbe have dominated the two wheeled tyre industry in Germany and Europe, being voted best MTB tyre brand in Germany for the past two years. From the very early beginnings where the company founder, Earnest-Wilhelm Bohle capitalised on the developing cycle industry, to the ultra modern distribution facility near Cologne, Schwalbe have continued to design and manufacture some of the finest bicycle tyres available. Schwalbe’s success is due in part to the effort it makes in product development from lab tests at the manufacturing facility to the hardest proving grounds of all, professional cycle racing. ‘Team Gerolsteiner’ achieved a very creditable 7th place overall in the 2004 Tour de France and the unique performance of team captain Davide Rebellin winning three major classic races back to back using Schwalbe tyre. Other notable succeses include Normann Stadler winning the infamous Ironman triathlon in Hawaii, riding Schwalbe Stelvio tyres.
CATEYE STEALTH 10 GPS £79.99
gps technology for the masses, share rides on Strava etc. Also look at the Stealth 50 for cadence and heart rate compatibility.
Simple GPS cycle computing! Using GPS technology the Stealth delivers all your usual easy to use Cateye features and functions to the head unit, without sensors on your forks or chain stays. Once home simply plug your head unit into the USB docking station provided and download your ride data to CATEYE Atlas to review on maps and graphs; your route, speed, altitude data etc., and share with friends via Facebook or Strava if you like!
Stealth 10 Features Include:
-GPS Enabled Cyclocomputer
-1,2,5 second GPS logging interval, storing up to 60 hours of data.
-USB Cradle for recharge and data download
-Fully enabled Cateyeatlas.com website to review and share rides
-Setup by PC Software – Cateye Sync
-Full time backlight
-Flextight Handlebar Bracket
Stealth 10 Head Unit Functions Include:
-Current /Maximum/Average Speed
-Trip Distance 1 and 2
ISX flow knee pads £54.99
enduro type pad, light, comfortable, tough, but still protects! BikeRadar score 4.5/5
IXS Flow Knee Pads
“Perfect for long days on the trail thanks to their pedal-friendly nature” – bikeradar. http://www.bikeradar.com/mtb/gear/category/helmets-and-protection/knee-pads/product/review-ixs-flow-kneepads-13-47883/
Flowcountry Guards: iXS Sports Division has teamed up with Hans Rey to develop some ultra-thin, lightweight knee protectors that are compact enough to fit in any backpack.
- FlowCountry, a Hans “NoWay” Rey development of a new trail riding style.
- ideal for Trail and Enduro riding.
- super light weight and super compact design.
- “X-Matter ” – high impact absorption, energy absorbing, open cell, slow rebound foam compound. £54.99
- CE tested and approved
SERFAS TSL 200 HEADLIGHT £54.99
“what a great light, just been on a night ride with it, thanks for the advice Chris” – Stuart Blundell Sept ’14.
Packing a big punch in a little body, the TSL-200 headlight is great for any bike commuter looking for a USB rechargeable light that is size effective yet doesn’t compromise power.
- Max Lumens: 200
- Run times per mode: High: 1 hour and 45 minutes; Low/Flashing: 6 hours and 30 minutes
- Charge time with USB: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Weight: 50 grams w/ bracket
- Battery Type: Li-Ion Battery
- Replaceable Battery: No
- Mounts included: Universal Handlebar Bracket
- Compatible with Universal Helmet Bracket (not included)
- Made with Cree LEDs